What is Dirty Electricity?
SWO has been conducted numerous studies on Dirty Electricity, and also the biological effects of Dirty Electricity. SWO has then successfully completed its research on Dirty Electricity (DE) and has shifted its focus on creating and raising public health awareness on the biological effects of DE. SWO has also develop practical solutions on minimizing and mitigating the biological effects of DE on human body.
Dirty Electricity or better known as electrical noise is a type of environment pollution that is plaguing Malaysians today.
This phenomena does not only affect our country. It is actually a major problem faced by developed countries all over the world. Although awareness is not there in the mainstream media, one just needs to Google the terms “Dirty Electricity” or “Electricity Noise” to discover how this pollution impacts our daily lives without us realizing it.
Dirty electricity is a unusable electromagnetic energy that is created by many electrical devices as they operate. It is caused by interruptions in the flow of normal 60-Hertz AC (alternating current) power traveling through wires and electrical systems in homes and other buildings. These interruptions result in voltage spikes, or surges, as well as frequency variations (also called high frequency voltage transients) that combine to form a complex and potentially harmful electromagnetic field.
These items emit electromagnetic radiation which is dangerous for our health and has been classified as ‘2B Carcinogen’ by World Health Organization.
How does it affect us?
Little did you know that our body runs on electrical impulses and these external electromagnetic waves can can confuse our body’s signalling pathways. In some individuals, it could even create havoc in the body and lead to symptoms that could be misdiagnosed as incurable diseases.
SWO LIFESTYLE SOLUTION
When a human’s body is confused with interference from unnecessary electromagnetic waves in its surroundings, it’s not able to rejuvenate itself as it naturally could.Dr Samuel Milham
SWO puts high emphasis on helping people to achieve a fulfilling life and maintaining a healthy mindset in order to do so. Our solution is aimed to help the brain achieve its optimum capabilities. That is, to think productively and be calm and relax when it needs to. Many people are not able to relax their mind when they should, hence their body is not able to go into relax and repair mode. This is a basic concept that eludes the common society today. We are not able to balance ourselves achieving what we want in life and helping our body to run efficiently.
We aim to provide an environment with least interference from electrical noise and electromagnetic waves to help everyone achieve more productive and fulfilling life.
Many of us do not know that TNB’s responsibilities in terms of electricity management ends here. TNB is the only supplier of electricity. Any power factor correction, management of electricity load distribution or restructuring of wiring in your home falls under your responsibility as consumer.
Many electrical devices today must convert standard 50/60-Hertz AC electricity (alternating current) into other forms of electricity — such as low voltage direct current (DC) or higher frequency AC — in order to operate.
Research shows that dirty electricity is a chronic stressor and is correlated to many diseases and conditions including among others – cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, insomnia, headaches, neurological disorders, arrhythmia, autism and even suicide. (Milham & Stetzer, 2013)
- Havas, M, Olstad, A. “Power quality affects teacher wellbeing and student behavior in three Minnesota Schools; Science Total Environment. 2008 Sep 1; 402 (2-3):157-62. Doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2008.04.046. Epub 2008 Jun 16.
- Milham, S, Morgan L. “A New Electromagnetic Exposure Metric: High Frequency Voltage Transients Associated with Increased Cancer Incidence in Teachers in a California School” American Journal of Industrial Medicine (2008).
- Chaotic Electrical Energy – non-sinusoidal, or non-continuous waveforms. (i.e. modulated wave forms, pulsed frequencies, alternating current (AC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) also referred to as dirty electricity. There is evidence that the innate immune system perceives non-sinusoidal waveforms as foreign invaders. Dr. Olle Johansson’s section in the BioInitiative Report (4) points to the proliferation of mast cells triggered by modulated electromagnetic fields (EMF). The innate immune system then mounts an inflammatory response, which includes the release of cytokines and histamines.
- Carpenter DO, Sage C, Behari J, Xu, Lai H, Blank M, Johansson O, Grigoriev Y, Salford L, Carlberg et al CV, et al “BioInitiative 2012, A Rationale for Biologically-based Exposure Standards for Low-Intensity Electromagnetic Radiation”; http://www.bioinitiative.org/table-of-contents/
- Glaser, ZR. “Bibliography of Reported Biological Phenomena (Effects) and Clinical Manifestations Attributed to Microwave and Radio-Frequency Radiation”; Naval Medical Research Institute, Oct 1971; http://www.magdahavas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Navy_Radiowave_Brief.pdf
- Lear, R. “A New Era of Disease in America and what’s behind it.” ResearchGate, Aug 2017 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319288113_A_New_Era_of_Chronic_Disease_in_America_and_what%27s_behind_it
- Havas M. Electromagnetic hypersensitivity: biological effects of dirty electricity with emphasis on diabetes and multiple sclerosis. Electromagn Biol Med 2006b; 25:259–68.
- Havas M. Dirty electricity: an invisible pollutant in schools. Feature Article for Forum Magazine, OSSTF, Fall 2006; 2006a.
- Pacher P, Beckman J, Liaudet L. Nitric oxide and peroxynitrite in health and disease. Physiol Rev. 2007 Jan; 87(1):315-424. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2248324/
- (10) Lear, R. “Root Cause in the Dramatic Rise of Chronic Disease.” ResearchGate, Sept 2016 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303673576_The_Root_Cause_in_the_dramatic_rise_of_Chronic_Disease
- Pall, M. “Electromagnetic fields act via activation of voltage-gated calcium channels to produce beneficial or adverse effects.” J Cell Mol Med. 2013 Aug; 17(8): 958–965. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/